In this post we will tell you the easiest way to root your Redmi Note 3 and install TWRP recovery on it.
We will divide the entire rooting method in 2 major divisions:
- Unlocking the bootloader.
- Installing TWRP recovery.
How to Unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon 650)?
- Download the on the link mentioned below “Redmi Note 3” root package from the link mentioned below:
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file. You can use WinRar or any other software.
- Disable “Driver signature enforcement” on the PC before proceeding any further.
How to disable “Driver signature enforcement”?
- To disable “Driver signature enforcement”, open up “Cmd” on your PC (Run it as Administrator).
- Paste the command given below:
bcdedit /set testsigning on
- Press the “Enter“ key after pasting the command.
- Restart the PC.
- Go to the “Rn3 root” folder that we extracted.
- Double click on the “Mi flash” file and install the program.
- You may get a pop up saying “Windows can’t install this driver”, so click on “Install this driver anyway”.
- On your Redmi Note 3, go to “Settings”.
- Then “About phone” option.
- Click on the “MIUI version” 6-7 times till it says “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to “Additional settings”.
- Go to “Developer options”.
- Turn on “OEM unlock” and “USB debugging”.
- Power off your phone and boot it into the “Fast boot” mode.
How to boot into “Fastboot” mode?
- Power off the phone.
- Press the “Volume down” + Power button.
NOTE: Make up a full back up of the internal storage and all your personal data before switching to the “Fast boot” mode as all the apps and data will get erased.
In your PC.
- Go to the “Rn3” folder that we extracted.
- Open the “Boot EDL mode” folder.
- Double click on the “EDL” batch file.
- Now your phone will boot into the “EDL” mode.
NOTE: The notification LED on your device will continue blinking while in “EDL” mode.
- Go to the “Start” menu and launch the “Mi flash” program.
- Click on “Browse”.
- Click on the “Kenzo” folder that you” find in the “Rn3 root” folder.
- Select the “Images” folder in that.
- Click on “OK”.
- Go to “Advanced settings”.
- Browse “Fast boot script to flash all”.
- Click on “Browse”. Then select the “Flash all” file.
- Now click “OK”.
NOTE: The “Flash all” file is in the “Kenzo” folder, which itself if in the “Rn3 root” folder.
- Now configure the flash programmer (Raw.xml and patch0.xml).
- Click on “Browse”, then select that file and click “OK”.
- Now click on “Refresh”, then click on “Flash”.
- The flashing process will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
NOTE: Leave the PC and Phone undisturbed while the above flash is underway.
- Once the flash process is complete, hard reboot the phone into “Fast boot” mode.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable while switching into “Fast boot” mode.
- Now, open up the “Unlock” folder in the “Rn3 root” file.
- Double click on the “Unlock” file.
- Your phone will automatically reboot.
- Now your Redmi Note 3’s boot loader is unlocked.
- After the reboot, set up the device like we usually do.
Installing TWRP recovery
- Now, connect your phone to the PC.
- Copy the “UPDATE_SuperSU” zip file into the internal storage of the phone.
- Boot your phone again into the “Fast boot” mode (Like explained earlier).
- Go to the “Flash TWRP” folder and double click on the “Flash TWRP” file.
- Your phone will now automatically boot to TWRP.
NOTE: Change the language of TWRP to “English” as it is in “Chinese” (Default).
- Now tap on “Install”.
- Select the “UPDATE_SuperSU” zip file that we copied earlier.
- Flash it. Then reboot your phone manually.