Let us show you how you can install Android Nougat on your OnePlus 2 smartphone using CM14 ROM.
- Your Android device must be rooted.
- It should have TWRP recovery installed.
- In case your device is not rooted or you don’t know how to install TWRP recovery, you can Google it up.
How to install CM14 Android Nougat on OnePlus 2?
- Once you have the above 2 requirements, you need to download the CM14 ROM for OnePlus 2 from the link mentioned below:
- Apart from the CM14 ROM, you also need to download “G apps” from the link mentioned below:
NOTE: Flashing G apps is required, so that you can download Google apps on your device such as Google Play store, Google maps, Google Now, etc.
- Once this is done, you need to boot your device to the “Recovery mode”. The key combination for doing this varies from device to device.
- You can try these combinations:
- Volume up + Power button
- Volume down + Power button
- Volume up + Volume down + Power button
- Once your phone is into the TWRP mode, the first thing you need to backup your ROM.
- Just tap on “Backup” and swipe to backup.
NOTE: This TWRP backup is done as a precaution so that if something goes wrong, you can reboot into the recovery mode and restore your current ROM.
- Now go back and tap on “Wipe”.
- Swipe to factory reset the ROM.
- Go back again and tap on “Install”.
- Select on the CM14.zip file and tap on “Add more zips”.
- Now select the “G apps” zip file you downloaded earlier and swipe to flash it.
NOTE: This process will take 5-10 minutes to complete. So please be patient.
- After the ROM flash is complete, you will see an option “Reboot system”.
- Tap on that and it will reboot your system.
That’s it! Now you have the latest version of Android Nougat on your OnePlus 2 with the tweaks of CyanogenMod.