Are you a blogger?
Do you own a blog?
Have you ever thought or tried of making a short video or teaser out of your blog posts to attract more viewers?
Yes! This can be done. The best part is that you don’t need to be some editing guru or tech pro to do this. Nor do you need and advanced software or app to make it happen. All you need to do is follow this quick post to learn how to convert your blog post into a short social video for sharing it on social networking platforms.
How to make short videos from a blog post?
- First, open the browser on your PC or laptop and navigate to the link mentioned below:
- You will be asked to sign up with your email ID and create an account. So choose a password and create an account. IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!
- Once you’ve created your account, you will be logged in instantly and will be taken to the Lumen5 homepage. Click on the “Visit Dashboard” option there.
- Now on the next page, click on “Create a new video”.
- On this next page, enter or copy/paste the URL of the blog that you want to create a video on.
- Next, the page will process and show the entire contents of your post. Choose the contents that you want to feature in the video.
Please note that you can only add up to 140 characters to be featured in the video. So choose wisely.
- Once you’ve selected your content, click on “Continue”.
- Now you’ll be taken to the media page, where you can add images and music to your video.
- On this page, you can add images to your video by drag and dropping from the images. You can choose from your own uploaded images in the post, select from images suggested by Lumen5, upload separate images from your storage or even search from images.
- Now click on the “Music” tab and select an appropriate background music for the video.
- Once this is done, click on preview to see your your edit looks and sounds.
- Then once you are sure of it, save the video.
- To view your saved video, click on your account logo at the corner and click on “My videos”.
- You can not add more than 140 characters in the content of the video.
- It’s best to keep the length of the video under 1 minute.
- You can not add video clips in the video. The finally video created through Lumen5 is simply a movement or animation of still images.