We all keep changing phones every now and then. And when we need to transfer the data from our previous phone to the new one, it turns out to be a pain in the butt. But here I am, to make this task a lot more easier than what it seems. So in this post I’m going to show you how to transfer data from your previous android smartphone to the new one in a matter of minutes. Mind you all, By “Data” I mean, Music, photos, videos, contacts, SMSs and even apps.
So let’s get started.
How to transfer data from old Android phone to new one?
This method works perfectly on any Android device you choose to work with. I executed this method on my old OnePlus 2 and my new OnePlus 3T.
- To take this task forward, you will need to download an app called “CLONEit” from the Play store. You need to download this app on your old Android phone, as well as the new one.
- Now after the download and installation is complete, open up the app on both the phones.
- It will open up a screen showing 2 options. One for sender and one for receiver, very similar to what you get to see on the Shareit app.
- Now on your old phone, which is the OnePlus 2, tap on the “Sender” option and on your new phone, which is the OnePlus 3T, tap on the ‘Receiver” option.
- Your One Plus 2 will search for nearby devices, like this.
- Once the devices get connected, you will see this screen on your OnePlus 3T showing a list of options of what you want to transfer from your old device to the new one.
- Select the options you wish to transfer and tap on “Start cloning”. The OnePlus 3T will now start cloning the data from the OnePlus 2 device.
This process will take a few minutes to complete, so please be patient.
- Now that the installation is complete, you can see that even the apps from your old device (In this case, my OnePlus 2) have been cloned to your new device (In this case, my OnePlus 3T).
- You will have to manually install the apps in case you haven’t enabled the auto install option. You can enable it by turning on auto install from the top of the app screen.
- You may also have to enable the “Unknown sources” option from device’s security settings IF NEEDED.
- Check the file manager whether the data cloning was actually successful or not.