In this post we will show you the simplest way to install Android Marshmallow V6.0 on Redmi Note 3.
This is the official Android Marshmallow update for Redmi Note 3 based on the latest MIUI 8.
This upgrade can be achieved without unlocking the boot loader or rooting the device and is 100% safe and secure.
How to install Android Marshmallow on Redmi Note 3?
NOTE: Connection and access to a Computer (PC) is mandatory for this upgrade.
- Open your PC and download the 4 files from the links mentioned below:
- Extract all the files and enable view “File name Extension”
- Once extraction is complete, disable “Driver signature enforcement” in the PC.
How to disable “Driver signature enforcement”?
- To disable “Driver signature enforcement”, open up “Cmd” on your PC and paste the command given below:
bcdedit /set testsigning on
- Press the “Enter“ key after pasting the command.
- Restart the PC.
- Once restarted, connect your Redmi Note 3 to the PC.
- Install the “Mi PC Suite” software.
- Installation of the “Mi PC Suite” software is necessary to install all the required drivers.
- Install the “Mi flash tool” software as well.
- If you receive a notification pop up saying “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software”, click on “Install this driver software anyway”.
- Now, connect the device into the “Fast boot” mode.
How to activate “Fast boot” mode?
- Power off the phone.
- Press the “Volume down” + Power button.
NOTE: Create a full back up of the internal storage and all your personal data before switching to the “Fast boot” mode as all the apps and data will get erased.
- Open up the “Fast boot EDL” folder that we extracted before.
- Double click on the “EDL” file.
- Now your phone will boot into the “EDL” mode.
NOTE: The notification LED on your device will continue blinking while in “EDL” mode.
- Open up “XiaoMi flash tool”.
- Click on “Browse”.
- Browse to the “Kenzo” folder extracted before.
- Select the “Images” folder in that.
- Select “Clean all” and click on the “Flash” button.
- This process will take about 15-20 minutes to complete.
NOTE: Leave the PC and Phone undisturbed while the above flash is underway.
- Once the flash process is complete, your phone will reboot automatically.
- Now you can disconnect your phone from the PC.
Your Redmi Note 3 is now upgraded to Android Mashmallow based on MIUI 8.