This is an offline update package since the OTA update will take some time to roll out officially. This offline update is luckily very easy and hassle free. So in this post we will tell you how to step by step update your Le 1S and Le 1S Eco to the latest Android Marshmallow running on EUI 5.8.017S manually, without PC and without losing any data.
NOTE: The update procedure is same for both Le 1S and Le 1S Eco.
How to update your Le 1S and Le 1S Eco to Android Marshmallow?
NOTE: 1. Your device must be running on at least EUI 5.5.014S to make this upgrade.
2. Your device must be charged to at least 50℅ to make this upgrade.
3. The size of the upgrade file is about 1.5 GB, so your device must have at least 2 GB of internal storage free.
4. Back up all the data in your phone to your PC or any other device to prevent accidental data lost.
- Download the upgrade package from the link mentioned below:
- Take your Le smartphone. Open the file manager and change the name of the upgrade file to “update.zip”
- Now copy this zip file under the “Root” menu of the phone’s internal storage.
- Go to your phone’s system settings.
- Tap on “System updates”.
- Tap on the 3 dots and select “Local update”.
- Your phone will start the upgrade process now.
NOTE: This update will take roughly 15 minutes to complete. Keep the device undisturbed and DO NOT power off.
Your phone is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow EUI 5.8.017S.