Have you ever tried or thought of running Windows XP on your iPhone 7? Or 6? Or 5? Let us give you a quick step by step guide on how you can run Windows XP on any iPhone without Jail breaking it.
Run Windows XP on iPhone
- To get started, Open up your PC and download these 4 files from the links mentioned below:
- Now extract the impactor file and open it up.
- Please do remember to install iTunes on your PC. Without which this procedure is useless. iTunes basically enables you to install all the necessary iPhone drivers.
- So double click on the impactor file to open it.
- It will show a blank bar. Now connect your iPhone to the PC. This will show your iPhone connection to the PC.
- Now drag and drop this ibox.ipa file onto this bar showing your iPhone connection.
- Next, login with your iTunes Email id and password. Let the installation take place.
- If you receive a notification saying you are not a developer, simply go to Developer.apple.com Sign with your iTunes id and password there and enroll in there developer program.
- Once all this is done and the ibox.ipa file is successfully installed on your device, install this iPunBox application on your PC.
- Accept the terms and conditions and let the installation complete.
- Now run the installed application.
- Next, go to the file browser option. Then app file sharing. Open the iBox application (In Sandbox mode).
- Simultaneously install this MicroXP file.
- Open it up and drag-drop it on the already open iBox application.
- This will start copying the contents for a slimmed down version of Windows XP.
- Now disconnect your iPhone.
On your iPhone:
- Open up the newly installed iBox application on your iPhone.
- You will find the configuration list to be blank. Click on the plus icon to add a new configuration.
- Click on drives and again tap on the plus icon. Then select HDD. You’ll find c.img automatically saved as default.
- Now go back. Select the start up disk to “HDD” and then choose extension as “None”.
- Next, turn off the “SDL enabled” option.
- Save all these options and run this newly saved configuration.
- It will take a moment to process the configuration, after which it will run Windows XP on your iPhone.